Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: Transylvanian Chronicles OOC 1  (Read 564044 times)

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Transylvanian Chronicles OOC 1
« Reply #1300 on: February 23, 2015, 05:52:38 pm »

I am not turning into a puppy!
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: February 24, 2015, 05:04:12 pm »

We didn't "lose" the librum, it was taken from us by the plot gods.  Or by Radu himself.  .  ?

It's an improbable coincidence that Myca just happened to be coming along right after Mitru's attack-- an attack during which it was essential to the plot that our possessions be destroyed (even though that made no sense.)

So, what are the odds that Radu set the whole thing up- mitru's attack and myca's "rescue." In order to have us in his debt? Or for some more nefarious purpose?

Edit: Hmm, looking at his comments about how "it's good you'll find the rest of the funds yourself," my new hypothesis is that he's holding out the promise of our own territories to get us to build him this fortress, but since we "lost" most of the money, we'll fall just short of his required goal- and he'll take the fortress without giving us any reward.

Alternate theory: Myca's the mastermind-  He plans to take our reward for himself, as repayment for his "kindness" in rescuing us.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:08:43 pm by Sethaniel »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 24, 2015, 05:14:24 pm »

Radu didn't do anything, Myca coming along was coincidental, and Mitru's attack would have happened no matter who passed by his territory :p

I'm reading through the books and damn, Myca is Farking everywhere. I think he's like, the go-to NPC for the writers. You guys go to a Ventrue lord's coronation? Myca is there. You guys go to Constantinople? Myca is there. You guys get ambushed by vampire-blood worshipping monks?  Myca gets caught with you. The village you're in gets burned down? He shows up a day later. You guys look inside your pantry? Myca's been crashing there for a while. You feel an itch on the back of your neck and go to scratch it? Myca has fleshcrafted himself into one of those brain-sucker things and physically attached himself to the back of your head.

Your possessions didn't have to be destroyed then specifically, they just had to be destroyed before you reached the pass (because if you don't have difficulties building the fortress then plot-things can't happen.)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 24, 2015, 05:17:47 pm »

Soooo, Myca is the ultimate villain of the story? XD

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 24, 2015, 05:18:12 pm »

ANd he steals from our pantry!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: February 24, 2015, 05:26:16 pm »

Radu didn't do anything, Myca coming along was coincidental, and Mitru's attack would have happened no matter who passed by his territory :p
My story is better. ;p

My conspiracy theory at least provides interior consistency as to why it seems like we're being railroaded. 

I mean, that's just sloppy writing then, forcing Myca down our throats.

I'm reading through the books and damn, Myca is Farking everywhere. I think he's like, the go-to NPC for the writers. You guys go to a Ventrue lord's coronation? Myca is there. You guys go to Constantinople? Myca is there. You guys get ambushed by vampire-blood worshipping monks?  Myca gets caught with you. The village you're in gets burned down? He shows up a day later. You guys look inside your pantry? Myca's been crashing there for a while. You feel an itch on the back of your neck and go to scratch it? Myca has fleshcrafted himself into one of those brain-sucker things and physically attached himself to the back of your head.
qed

Your possessions didn't have to be destroyed then specifically, they just had to be destroyed before you reached the pass (because if you don't have difficulties building the fortress then plot-things can't happen.)

Seriously- these writers are shit. There's zero meaningful participation from the players.  Our only choices are "go along with what the writers decided should happen next exactly the way it's been written" or "die." The only freedom we have is describing how our character reacts to the play that's being performed. 

If you're telling the truth about it not being a conspiracy, and not gaming me, then here's my revised hypothesis.  We "coincidentally" can't manage to find enough money to construct the fortress on time, no matter what ideas we come up with, after which Myca "coincidentally" shows up to help us again.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:55 pm »

Oh, i'm sorry Seth, please, tell me how this could all be improved. Tell me how you have been deprived of all your freedom up until now :p

In case you haven't realized, this is what a game and a story is. You're being given plenty of freedom to influence events and handle situations, but yeah, there's an overarching plotline because you're players in a game, you aren't the ones making the game itself. The world, and everything inside of it has its own motivations.

You can definitely play anything you want any way you'd like. You could have gone by day through Mitru's ambush and you would have been asleep when his ghouls attacked and set your caravan on fire. All your servants would have been killed. That's the logical conclusion to events, it's not you being railroaded. You could have stayed asleep in the obviously hostile town that didn't want you there, and you would have all been destroyed and the game would have ended. That's the logical goddamn conclusion.

You could have refused Myca's help and gone on yourselves, stuffing each other into your wagons. You didn't, not because you had no other options, but because why the hell should you choose them? You would have gained nothing from it.

You're doing what makes sense here, Seth. If you want to stop doing what you're doing and just go along pulling nonsensical bullshit then go ahead, the world won't stop making sense along with you though.

Please, keep this in mind: You aren't being railroaded here. You haven't been for an instant yet. The story doesn't get rail-roady until the later books, and i'm re-writing it so that you guys don't have to deal with it. You can stop whining about the books and how much you hate the crappy story because the story is Farking great, I read it all and decided I wanted to run this game because of how great it was, and how much i'd love to play it myself.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:11:50 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 24, 2015, 05:57:31 pm »

I can see it now...

Castle in Tihuta pass burns down

"Sconces everywhere" A builder says, gasping for breath and rocking back and forth slightly. "So many candles..."

"I don't know what they were thinking" Architect Zelios says.

"I told them, "102 sconces per corridor is too many. You're vampires, you all hate fire anyway, why would you put in so many of the goddamn things?" "

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 24, 2015, 05:59:36 pm »

I don't mind having Vykos for a pal. He can sleep in my pantry anytime!  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: February 24, 2015, 06:00:42 pm »

I can see it now...

Castle in Tihuta pass burns down

"Sconces everywhere" A builder says, gasping for breath and rocking back and forth slightly. "So many candles..."

"I don't know what they were thinking" Architect Zelios says.

"I told them, "102 sconces per corridor is too many. You're vampires, you all hate fire anyway, why would you put in so many of the goddamn things?" "

This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!  ^v^

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 24, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »

One day, one day Steeple will give in and throw Maurice at someone, and listen to the rock proclaim victory.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 24, 2015, 07:59:34 pm »

XD

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 24, 2015, 08:07:16 pm »

Lucien doesnt really care about fire though.

Yay, koldunic sorcery.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 24, 2015, 09:50:26 pm »

Seth; play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. That's how chronicles are supposed to go. Trust me, overarching plotlines like this are normal.
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 25, 2015, 05:46:20 pm »

Seth; play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. That's how chronicles are supposed to go. Trust me, overarching plotlines like this are normal.

That's a video game, rails are understood. The whole point of role play is that everyone is working together to create the story/characters.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 25, 2015, 07:19:49 pm »

At this point in the game, we're only neonates. xD

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 25, 2015, 07:41:20 pm »

At this point in the game, we're only neonates. xD

Prince Maurice is a 4th generation Methuselah and takes exception o your comment

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 25, 2015, 09:40:13 pm »

Nah, Prince Maurice is really Malkav, the Malkavian antediluvian. He implanted his consciousness into a rock, it's like his eighteenth backup of his soul after the malkavian madness network.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:45 pm »

When did Daniel become a mindreader? XD

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 26, 2015, 05:25:49 am »

Yeah i dont know how much i'll be able to post.

Just found out my little brother who is 13 years old has a brain tumour, and it's not operable. So now we're stuck here waiting for either him to improve so they can start with some radiaton to fry that Farker or pull the plug on his respirator. So yeah, life kind of sucks right now.

But yeah. I'll try to post as much as i can. Should the worst happen... I dont know what i will do then. But i'll guess we'll notice.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: February 26, 2015, 07:43:02 am »

:( sorry to hear that, d.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 26, 2015, 07:47:17 am »

Drakilian:
 Nah, Prince Maurice is really Malkav, the Malkavian antediluvian. He implanted his consciousness into a rock, it's like his eighteenth backup of his soul after the malkavian madness network.

---

Steeple has always suspected as much!  XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 26, 2015, 07:49:47 am »

Daedalus:
 Yeah i dont know how much i'll be able to post.

Just found out my little brother who is 13 years old has a brain tumour, and it's not operable. So now we're stuck here waiting for either him to improve so they can start with some radiaton to fry that Farker or pull the plug on his respirator. So yeah, life kind of sucks right now.

But yeah. I'll try to post as much as i can. Should the worst happen... I dont know what i will do then. But i'll guess we'll notice.

---

Wow, man - what a heavy thing to have to deal with. It's hard to tell from you post, but has he already been in the hospital in bad condition for a while, or is this a sudden new development?

Either way, I wish you and your family the best dealing with whatever comes.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 26, 2015, 09:30:35 am »

I know that I'm new here but, Daedalus, we all have our spirits out for you.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 26, 2015, 10:47:32 am »

Daed, really sorry to hear man I truly hope things improve for you and the family

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:34 am »

Sorry to hear that, Daed.  It really sucks.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 26, 2015, 01:22:04 pm »

Thanks guys.

---

And BZ: He's been hospitalized since september last year. And he has gone trough many brainsurgerys. He was talking untill the last surgery though. After that he's been unconcious.

They only found the tumour yesterday and if they had noticed it earlier he would have had a chanse, but as it is now they have decided to turn off the respirator sometime tomorrow. So unless he make's a miracously recovery over the night which is highly unlikely... He'll die.

Oh well, i just wanted to tell hoy guys i may or may not disappear for a while.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 26, 2015, 02:01:07 pm »

Cut to send over PM...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:09:27 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 26, 2015, 03:37:58 pm »

Holy shit D, that's terrible. Take all the time you need.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 27, 2015, 03:47:37 pm »

Drak you asshat haha! Steeple would have kicked barabas out beforehand!

Alas! Poor Steeple has been 'bum-looked' ...  :P

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 27, 2015, 03:49:30 pm »

XD

I honestly could see Steeple making Barabas stay just to Fark with him, so I went with that. I can edit it out if you'd like.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 27, 2015, 03:54:12 pm »

XD

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:05 pm »

Leave my kids alone, Anton  >:(

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 27, 2015, 04:45:37 pm »

XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 27, 2015, 05:23:55 pm »

XD

I honestly could see Steeple making Barabas stay just to Fark with him, so I went with that. I can edit it out if you'd like.

It doesn't matter haha! I'll just have to roll with it!  ;D

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 01, 2015, 02:08:46 pm »

Sooo.... I played a story yesterday and made a dragon out of an innocent homeless child. xD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 01, 2015, 04:00:23 pm »

Honestly the griffin with the scorpion tail was much worse than the dragon orphan.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »

Wouldn't that be an upside-down manticore? XD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 01, 2015, 11:11:16 pm »

I told the guy to just make a manticore, but he refused, he wanted a griffin with a scorpion's tail XD

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 01, 2015, 11:19:40 pm »

XD

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 01, 2015, 11:39:44 pm »

He insists that the dragon-child would be able to fly if it jumped off of a building. xD It can't.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 01, 2015, 11:50:04 pm »

It can glide. Glide right off the skyscraper... XD

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 02, 2015, 02:00:14 pm »

You mean fall. With style.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 02, 2015, 02:02:41 pm »

Anyways, I'm going to Mexico in a few hours so I'll be missing for around a week.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 02, 2015, 02:11:32 pm »

Let's hope you're right!  XD

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 04, 2015, 07:31:31 am »

Sylvain isn't hiding, right?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 04, 2015, 06:17:29 pm »

Nope, he translated for you all.

By the way, Berka - talking breaks the obfuscate.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 04, 2015, 06:39:32 pm »

By the way, Berka - talking breaks the obfuscate.

It's OK, Steeple still has his arms folded!  ;D

Seriously, go with the broken Obs and Steeple still acting as if he was.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 04, 2015, 06:41:15 pm »

Quick - while Prince is in Mexico - let's all Diablerize his Character for fun and then replace the soul with that of an iguana!  ;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 04, 2015, 07:20:12 pm »

Yay!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 40   Go Up